The Professional Supervisor
With a host of new challenges and responsibilities to tackle, new supervisors need training that helps them adjust to their new role. Learning how to supervise your new employees on a trial and error basis can lead to discouragement. This three-day workshop can help you overcome many of the problems a new supervisor may encounter, and to set the groundwork for a successful change in your working life!
What Topics are Covered?
- Adjusting to your role
- Action-centered leadership
- Making plans and setting goals
- Defining leadership
- The Situational Leadership Model®
- What’s your type? How about mine?
- Team building tips
- Communication skills and motivating employees
- Orientation and onboarding
- Training tips and tricks
- Providing feedback and doing delegation right
- Dealing with conflict and managing discipline issues
What Will You Learn?
- Clarify the scope and nature of a supervisory position.
- Learn some ways to deal with the challenges of the role.
- Recognize the responsibilities you have as a supervisor, to yourself, your team, and your organization.
- Learn key techniques to help you plan and prioritize effectively.
- Acquire a basic understanding of leadership, team building, communication, and motivation, and what part they play in effective supervision.
- Develop strategies for motivating your team, giving feedback, and resolving conflict.
For more information about this or other trainings, please contact us as we have many other trainings available that not in our current schedule.