The ABCs of Supervising Others
This workshop is for people who are new supervisors or who are interested in a supervisory position, as well as those who are team leads or part-time supervisors without a great deal of authority. It is designed to help participants overcome many of the supervisory problems that they will encounter as a workplace leader. Dealing with the problems that a new supervisor encounters isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to lead to discouragement.
What You Will Cover:
- Making the transition
- Responsibilities of a supervisor
- Key behaviors and attitudes
- Setting goals and planning for success
- Active listening techniques
- Communication skills
- Giving feedback and instructions
- Orders, requests, and suggestions
- Managing conflict
- Managing challenging situations
- Developing relationships
What Will Students Learn?
- Adjust to the supervisor’s role with confidence.
- Develop your skills in listening, asking questions, resolving conflict, and giving feedback to employees.
- Identify key attitudes that you can develop to enhance your supervisory skills.
- Use time management and planning techniques to maximize your success.
- Develop a technique for giving instructions that are clear and understood.
- Understand the importance of developing good relationships with employees and peers, so you are seen as fair and consistent.
For more information about this or other trainings, please contact us as we have many other trainings available that not in our current schedule.